Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Gimme A Break....


Again ended a painfully exhausting day.....Am i fed up or what....Allah plz gimme a break...Ii desperately need one...The only pleasant thing that happened to me today was that in the morning a fruit vendor came to the society and my mil asked to buy a papaya from him ...Now I am new in the colony and Iknow no one....The house in front of which the vendor was standing was totally alien to me and so were its inhabitants.....However the maid of the house was standing outside with a baby in her arms who was crying for some reason..As soon as the baby saw me she started smiling which surprised the maid tremendously...The baby opened her arms and tried to leap out of the maid's arms to come to me....This was terribly shockin for the maid as , accd to what the maid told me, the baby never accepted strangers , she never responded when anyone tried to take her or hold her...she was rigid and unfriendly...but she responded immediately to me....I took her in my arms and played with her...but I had to leave her fast coz my mil was waiting in the house and I had other important chores to finish so I returned the baby to the maid and as soon as I started walking away the baby started wailing and was againg trying to leap out of the maid's hands to come to me....I didnt look back though...I didnt have the heart to let her cry but I had no choice..I had to move on...However the maid told me that the the baby and I had a connection something to do with our previous lives ''pichle janam ka saath''...well whatever it was it did lighten my heart...Atleast someone valued my presence , my being....I was important for some one even though it was for just a moment...I shall cherish it....

No comments: